Wednesday, August 7, 2013

This Wasn't On The List

About a week ago, DD2 asked me to make curtains for her bedroom. This was just after I made my list called Ten Things This Summer, so of course, it was not on the list.

However, the Mom-gene kicked in and I got busy on them Friday while Amie was here. DD2 came home on Saturday, and was thrilled with them. As soon as she got back to Athens, she hung them and shot me this picture.


The fabric is $7.99 cotton from JoAnn Fabrics. It was simple enough to do, obviously - hem the sides and bottom and create a casing at the top. She likes them so much that I returned to JoAnn's this evening to buy 4 more yards for 2 additional windows. Plus pillows, if there is any leftover, which I am certain there will be.

We do get side-tracked from our lists from time to time. And most of the time it's worth it, right? This certainly was!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. They look so nice! Something about all that yardage makes it's hard for me to tackle curtains... even though they are easy and oh so fun when they turn out like yours.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!