Monday, January 26, 2015

A Wall Hanging for Mom

At Christmas time you may recall the unique gift exchange our family did. We offered coupons with a gift of time or talent, drew them randomly, and could steal if something we really wanted had been drawn earlier by someone else. It is a lot of fun, at least I think so. Here's a link explaining it more fully.

 

Above is the gift I entered into the drawing and my mom was the lucky recipient!! Yaay, Mom! We sat together for a bit and looked at some Pinterest images so that I could get a feel for what she wanted. She said she'd prefer to have a wall hanging, so this weekend I began working on this gift.



I've had this book for several years, and love looking at the sweet little quilts in it. It is well suited to using Charm Packs (thus the name), so I decided on a pattern I think Mom will like.

 This quilt is small at 18"x21", so I think I will add a few rows to make a more suitable size.

Prepped for marking the diagonal line.

A wide variety of 2 3/8" squares.

Ready to cut.

I used two Charm Packs. I have yet to decide how big I will make this wall hanging, so I expect I will have leftover HSTs. And that's okay because I get a feeling that I will want one of these for myself, too! *grin*

A growing stack of HSTs. It's fun seeing the colors pop out of the browns and beiges.

So, I am happily stitching on a NEW project! The UFOs are still there, and I will get back to them, but I am really glad to be working on something different for a change.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. I love the fabrics you have picked out for the wall hanging. It's going to be wonderful! No wonder you hinted that you might be making one for yourself too.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!