Friday, January 16, 2015

A Perfect Day

Good morning, all! Cold winter weather seems far, far away when sipping coffee out of my Key West coffee cup. Mmmm.

I'm in a particularly happy mood today. Maybe that's because Thursday was just doggone near perfect, I tell you. I had no obligations - a rarity, and so I determined that I would multi-task on things I wanted to do. I have a book on Overdrive that I needed to be listening to for book club. I also had sewing that I wanted to work on. Off I went to the sewing room.

What I was trying to sew was blocks to surround my Flag Day Farm panel. Finally, I am working on it! The 4-patch blocks are made with a couple of Minick and Simpson lines.
Unfortunately, I couldn't hear the recording while the sewing machine was running. Bummer. To fix that problem, I set Flag Day Farm aside, and put up the quilting frame that I took down for the holidays. I quilted while listening. Perfect.


Quilting frame in the foreground. i-Pad in the middle, queued up to Sycamore Row by John Grisham. Nice to listen to while stitching. Flag Day Farm resting on the ironing board, waiting its turn.

In due time; in due time.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




3 comments:

  1. Jayne,

    My son bought me a small external speaker that plugs into my tablet. It really amplifies the sound so I can listen while I sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those days with no obligations where you can just glide through at your own pace.

    I haven't had nearly enough of them in the last couple of years, something I am actively trying to fix :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect day to me. I hope you can have more of them this year.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!