Saturday, January 17, 2015

A Heavy Dose of Sweetness

You will not believe the cuteness I woke up to this morning on a certain famous social media site.

 Meet 18-month-old Nora. She is loving on her Kissing Fishes quilt. Do you remember it?

Here are some reminders. This is Nora as a newborn. Here is the post about her quilt being finished. I had a couple of posts prior to that in which I wrote about making the quilt. Click here and here for those.

Isn't it a good feeling when you know that someone is using and loving and cuddling in a quilt you made? I always feel a real sense of accomplishment when I see my quilts being used. Wear them out! They need to be loved!

I have to tell you what's been going on around here while I've tried to write this post. For as brief as it is, it has been an hour or more in the making. DS has lost his wallet. He knew he'd last had it here at the house, so it wasn't like it was lost-lost. Digging in couch cushions, cars, laundry - all the usual places. During that frantic process, he went to the fridge to get a glass of juice. Someone (not me) had put a glass of soda in the back - no lid, and he knocked it over as he pulled out the juice. In the fridge. Spilled soda. Everywhere. In his exasperated efforts to clean it up, he was making the kitchen a bigger mess. I had to take over. So now we have a really clean fridge; DS will sweep and mop (the floor is sticky) in a bit, and yes, he's found his wallet. Happy ending. Ah, such is life, right?

And with that, I will hit the 'publish' button, and this post can finally be finished!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

  1. glad all ended well and yes such sweetness. love the bear watching on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely picture. It must make you very happy when you look at it. I'm glad your DH found his wallet, but why, oh why do they (men) always make such a mess when they're looking for things they've lost?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!