Saturday, December 1, 2012

My Lone Star Progress

It's almost 10pm here (and it will be past 10 by the time I actually hit the "publish" key). I have had to overcome a severe case of denial and finally began to address the problems on my Broken Star quilt.

I spread it out as neatly as possible on the guest bed. It looks pretty good from a distance.


But I have already "unsewn" 7 of the 8 center star points. They were so badly done. I will resew them by hand.

I have 3 of them finished as of now, after all that denial I mentioned. I spread it out again, and the ones I've done look passable. Not perfect, but passable.


This is one of the fixed/resewn points. Once I press it, I think it will be just fine. Sorry for that shadow.

So, I have 4 more points that I need to address. I may or may not get them finished tonight, but I am planning to get them finished.

You see that list of 2012 Goals over to the right? I have met all my goals except this one quilt. So, yes, I will be finishing this bad boy. Not only do I have the Quilt Along to prod me along, I have the goals list to do it, too.

So, congratulations again to Quilt Sue! I applaud you for your efforts. You sure have a beautiful quilt for all that hard work! Great job!

Back to the needle.
Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

2 comments:

  1. You made progress yesterday. You're about halfway done and it's looking really good. This is definitely going to be a 2012 finish for you, so you'll have met all of your quilting goals for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love your colors, I would have a terrible time picking colors for a quilt like this. Denial... I hear you. Inner perfectionist and all.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!