Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Visit to Kay's House

Last Wednesday I stopped in at Kay's for a bit of quilting with friends. Just a bit, for me, actually, as I could not stay long. I will save the quilting details for another day.

First, I would like to show you the wonderful quilts that I saw everywhere I looked. I'd not been to Kay's in quite awhile, so there was a feast for the eyes! Enjoy these beauties!!

This is Kay's current project - a kit that she says is 11 years old! She's working on the borders. Looks great!

This beauty was on Kay's guest bed. Blue and white 9-patches on point.
Quilting doesn't get much lovlier than this!
This quilt was hanging from the banister of Kay's staircase. It was found in the belongings of her in-laws.
No one knows the origin of it, as her mother-in-law was not a quilter.

This is a batik quilt that Kay made with her granddaughter.

Take a look at the incredible quilting done on it; the thread is variegated. Awesome.

The pattern was featured on the cover of American Patchwork and Quilting by BH&G.
June 2007.
I'll tell you about our quilting work in an upcoming post.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. It's always great fun to see how friends display their quilts. You're right--it's a feast for the eyes at Kay's house.
    I think that AP&Q issue is June 2007

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful quilts, but I loved the blue and white one in particular.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!