Monday, January 23, 2017

Haste Makes Waste

That old adage about 'haste makes waste" came into play with my first Delectable Mountain block for the Elizabeth quilt.


I finally found some time late last week to start these blocks. And like I always do, instead of making all the HST units like the pattern instructions tell me to, I chose to make just enough to finish a block. I just have to see one finished block. Are all quilters that way? I rushed right through it, thinking it would be a breeze. No need to think. Just sew!

So yes, haste makes waste. Fortunately, all that I wasted is time, though. I will be able to use the HSTs going the wrong direction on future blocks. I did go ahead and make a second block successfully.


I took my ripper with me to quilting on Friday at Jan's, removed the offending unit, and now am ready to do my remaining blocks according to the directions.

I love how these are gonna' look!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you are not the only one who has done that. A very pretty block.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!