Thursday, January 5, 2017

Tackling a UFO

On Tuesday, Terry opened her home for some of us to have a day of sewing. These days are always enjoyable and I do get more done - at home I allow myself to be distracted too frequently. For this day of sewing, I thought it would be a good time to tackle the first UFO of the new year.


We Frankfort girls are joining forces in 2017 to turn our UFOs into finishes, and this project - the 19th Century Reds - is my January focus. I first worked on this quilt back in 2015 at our April Canter's Cave Retreat. The kit had already been aging in my sewing room for at least 2 years, maybe more. I'd had it quite awhile, for sure. So I made the blocks and stopped. Confound it anyway; that's how I end up with so many UFOs! I need to force myself stay with a project until it's finished. Oh well...

All I had left to do was cut and attach the sashing strips and cornerstones; I proceeded to make a quilt top out of these 12 blocks. Voila! The blocks were the time-consuming part; they finish at 15.5 inches - big blocks! -  the quilt top went together quite fast.

I still need to add its borders and then after a good pressing I will lay it out on the bed and take a few proper pictures. 

It is definitely unlike me to have a UFO done this early in the month - I like this feeling of accomplishment. *grin*

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!