Friday, February 3, 2017

Simply Handquilting

It's been a full, full week here for me, so today I will do little more than sit with a needle and thread in my hands and a hoop on my lap.

This morning we had Frankfort girls over at Terry's and I worked on the project above. I did enough to move to a new section which is what you see here. The blocks were paper-pieced many years ago; if any of those fabrics look familiar, you can judge how long this has been a UFO.

The rest of my day promises to be low-key, and I will let my husband take me out to Olive Garden for a dinner date with friends. Now can you think of a nicer end to a busy week?

I'm linking up with Crazy Mom for her Friday link party. Hope you'll stop for a visit.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

It's really good to see more folks hand quilting these days. I taught it for years on the national circuit....always worried that this unique part of quilting would someday be lost!

Mary at Fleur de Lis Quilts said...

You found the perfect solution to a hectic week. The quilt makes for a beautiful, traditional quilt that will love your handquilting. Enjoy dinner and take it easy again tomorrow.