Friday, February 3, 2017

Simply Handquilting

It's been a full, full week here for me, so today I will do little more than sit with a needle and thread in my hands and a hoop on my lap.

This morning we had Frankfort girls over at Terry's and I worked on the project above. I did enough to move to a new section which is what you see here. The blocks were paper-pieced many years ago; if any of those fabrics look familiar, you can judge how long this has been a UFO.

The rest of my day promises to be low-key, and I will let my husband take me out to Olive Garden for a dinner date with friends. Now can you think of a nicer end to a busy week?

I'm linking up with Crazy Mom for her Friday link party. Hope you'll stop for a visit.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

  1. It's really good to see more folks hand quilting these days. I taught it for years on the national circuit....always worried that this unique part of quilting would someday be lost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found the perfect solution to a hectic week. The quilt makes for a beautiful, traditional quilt that will love your handquilting. Enjoy dinner and take it easy again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!