Monday, July 2, 2018

Goals for July

So here we are beginning a new month, and I am continuing my regular method of itemizing the projects I plan to complete this month. It is such a motivator for me to have a fresh month and a fresh list and a defined starting point. What will this month bring?? Let's have a look:


This seems like a totally doable plan. Today I bought the Moda Cake Mix Recipe #7 which is required for the Basket Quilt I plan to make with my Roman Holiday fabric. Tops on my list! I might even begin it this evening. I will provide more complete details on the pattern and the cake mix pad in an upcoming post. Below is the entire Roman Holiday stash I hope to whittle down with this basket quilt.


The basket pattern is a free one I found on the Moda blog page called Picnic at Daybreak. Very pretty. Here's a link to the downloadable pattern. 

The fabrics shown above are some oldies from the stash closet which have been paired together for awhile. I have in mind that I want to do a star quilt - maybe Ohio Stars or Sawtooth Stars. This is item #2 on my list. I saw a picture on Pinterest that inspired me, so I will locate that and when I begin working on this quilt, I will also share the inspiration photo.

Number 3 is to finish the baby quilt; I looked at some potential backing fabrics while at the LQS today, but did not see anything that really appealed. I won't dilly-dally on this too long; I want to finish it and have it out of the way.

Finishing #4 will truly be an accomplishment! I have a couple of quilts prepped with backing, so get going!! I have to do it! (My little pep talk to myself.)


Items 5 and 6 are not new things, and since I already have these habits pretty well established, I doubt I will be too concerned about accomplishing them. They are givens, right?

Item 7 - Blockheads. Now in the past I have been pretty bad about following through on quilt-alongs. So far, in the 4 weeks of Blockheads 2, I am current. Here's the kicker: I am making 2 different quilts with the blocks, and after talking to Terry at the LQS today, I am considering doing a third! Oh my. This could be good. This could be bad. I don't know....

Making new pillow cases for our bed is the 8th item. I am in the process of retiring the bedspread and matching pillow shams that we've used for ... forever! I want quilts on my bed! So the idea for quilted pillows popped into my head, and now I need to follow through on that. Should be a fun little project.

The last item is to begin sewing for the holiday bazaar booth I hope to have in November. I have tons of ideas, yet have begun nothing. I must get going if I have any hope at all of being successful in my venture.

Bring it on, July! I plan to be a busy gal in the quilting room!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you make good progress on your list projects but make sure you take time to enjoy the summer. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely list, and I hope you enjoy how ever much you accomplish. It has been so long since I did anything with fabric . . . I blame the garden!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!