Friday, July 27, 2018

Looking Back

Since I am not making huge, blog-worthy progress on anything at the moment, I have spent a bit of time looking back through my blog to see what I was working on at the end of July in previous years. Here are the highlights:

Just last year I finished the UFO known as Wishes, a pretty quilt made with early Fig Tree fabrics of Joanna Figueroa. I have since purchased backing for this quilt and nearly gave it away as a wedding present last fall. However, I found I could not part with this quilt, gave the newlyweds a different quilt, and have this one still waiting to be quilted.


In 2014, I finished this sweet table runner. I use it all the time on a table in our front room. I made it at Mary's Barn, a sweet quilting friend whose cancer took her from us far too soon.


In 2012, we were about to enjoy the Opening Exercises of the London Summer Olympics. I had the quilt shown below set up in the quilting frame for easy access while watching the games. It is now finished and being used.


In 2011, I was attaching the borders to this lusciousness, Economy Blue by Kaffe Fassett. Gosh, what a beauty! Like most of my creations, it still hangs in the closet awaiting quilting.


This has been sorta' like a Throwback Thursday, except that this is Friday. I might do this every so often, when I lack any good current material to use.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


3 comments:

  1. I see we both get more pieced than quilted, if only I could get all my piecing projects finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I need to look back into my blog I am sure I have forgotten some of the things I have done. Sounds like you need to get the quilt frame out and get some quilting done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so lovely! I would not have wanted to part with the Wishes quilt, either. You are like me - I have quilt tops that need to be quilted, also. Will get to them, eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!