Sunday, July 22, 2018

It's A Slow Sunday

We have been through a busy stretch of days this past week, and looking ahead, I see another week of busy days. For that reason, it has been a really nice, slow day here with a needle and thread. It's a really happy place! From a couple of movie nights with DH, to our youngest moving from Athens to Columbus, from book club coming up (still gotta' finish the book!), and a dinner date with friends, we have been - and will be - on the go.


What you see above is what I have actually accomplished today. I had not yet sewn any hexies top to bottom - vertically, in other words. To this point, I have only stitched hexies side to side. I selected five segments of six hexies, placed them vertically, and began stitching. A new phase of the process! I have two rows together and a third row partially added. I will finish this little section later tonight as we watch some Indians baseball and a PBS/ Masterpiece show we love, Endeavour.


I was led to this point by work I did on Friday at our Frankfort girls gathering. It seemed like I had a nice-sized stack of  these units, and I began to think that I might be getting to the point where I could move on to the next phase - gasp! Could that possibly be!?

Above, I have a stack of 40 6-hexie units. I like seeing this progress! When I began this endeavor (not related to the afore-mentioned television program, heh-heh), I told myself it was likely to be a 10-year project. I actually am beginning to rethink that timeline. It won't take me nearly that long if I continue to whittle away on it as I have thus far this year.


While I am making satisfactory progress, it is definitely slow stitching, and for that reason, I periodically link up with a blog that celebrates slow stitching. Check out Kathy and her Slow Sunday Stitching linky party on her blog. I am so happy to visit her each week to be reminded to enjoy the slow creative process of stitching.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pieces. I too share your joy of slow stitching and like watching the projects that others choose move along at a similar pace. Enjoy another fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EPP is so relaxing and actually goes quite fast when we keep at it. I really enjoy Endeavor too.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!