Monday, July 30, 2018

Twins' Back Packs

Earlier this month I had the opportunity to spend a day with my twin nieces - now 10! - at my sister's (their Aunt Sandy).

We played a game of Hangman - which they won without making any mistakes. Their interests are drawing, reading, science, math and about a gazillion other things. To say they are smart would be an understatement. They are so advanced; they seem to simply absorb everything they see or read or hear. Mary Jean is on the left; Anna Rose on the right.

When they were very little things, I made them identical backpacks - I suppose it would have been about the time they were beginning preschool. Anyway, they came carrying them filled with swimming stuff - suits, towels, sunscreen, etc. I was so happy to see that they are still getting some use of them now that they are grown-up fifth graders-to-be.

Still very little going on here in terms of sewing. We are getting ready for my DH's garden club meeting which will be here at noon tomorrow. Today will be cleaning and cooking! After tomorrow's meeting, Sharon is coming to sew. We will get our day one way or another - even if we have to start late!

And, perhaps you'd be interested -- today is Sharon's birthday!! We will celebrate with gift-giving tomorrow!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!