Sunday, July 1, 2018

Hello July!

Halfway to the end of the year!


I'm gonna' go out on a limb and say that I will have a July that is as awesome as June was. Gosh what a fun month, and I don't see this month offering up anything less enjoyable. I will likely be staying home more and traveling less, but that means sewing more, which is always a good thing.

It's slow Sunday stitching day, and I have a bit of news on my Lake Effect quilt. I tidied up my cutting table last Monday to prepare for Sharon's being here to sew. It was in that bit of cleaning that I found a small stack of elongated hexies that for whatever reason had never been glue-basted and added to my project tub.


I was really happy to see this little stack of hexies. The last few times I have stitched, I felt as though my variety was becoming limited, even though I have plenty of hexies prepped and ready to go. So I have a new little stack ready to add to the mix and I look forward to more stitching this week.

Newly glue-basted.

More glue-basting to be done.

The project tub shows proof of my progress. Single hexies are diminishing and larger units are increasing. Slow and steady work does eventually show results.

I will link with Kathy's blog and her Slow Sunday Stitching party. She's celebrating Canada Day.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Such delicious photos of your work! I know what you mean about needing fresh variety in the pieces! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! I so love slow stitching - in fact I prefer it to machine stitching! Your hexies are lovely and I'm sure your finished project will be even lovelier!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!