Thursday, July 5, 2018

The Yearly Goals - Checking My Progress

Did all you readers in the USA have a wonderful, relaxing Independence Day? We did. Our day involved picking up DD Emma from her apartment in Athens, driving up to the Hocking Hills area south of Logan, touring around looking at potential cabin rentals for later this year - we're thinking fall/October - and then a late lunch with her and her BF Geoffrey, before heading back home through more of the Hocking Hills. Very enjoyable day. Below is a picture of us at a winery.


Today I am looking at my standings with regard to my yearly goals. Back in January I posted 15 goals for the year, sorta' like New Year's Resolutions. I took forever deciding what my goals would be this year, so I didn't post them until nearly the end of the month; I smooshed in just under the deadline.

I have finished the following:
Number 1Snow Shoo - finished early in February.
Number 2 - Use Cory Yoder fabric, which I did in the Village quilt.
Number 9 - Finish '17 retreat quilt - done at the '18 retreat.
Number 10 - Fix Jelly Roll abomination - also at '18 retreat.
Number 11 - Work steadily on Lake Effect - I sew every other Friday with the Frankfort Girls, as well as at many odd times here at home and in the car. I like how I am maintaining my interest on this quilt.
Number 12 - Prairie Vine - finished in March.

That's 6 items I am considering done - even though one (Lake Effect) isn't done, but my goal was to work steadily on it, and I am. (Minor technical point.) I am quite pleased with these mid-year accomplishments!

Now, let's move on to the items on the yearly list that will be my focus this month (see last post for July goals).

Number 8 - soft blue and tan stars - I would like to do blocks that are rather large so I can be finished quickly. It remains to be seen; I am determined, though, to accomplish this goal.

Number 14 - blog at least 250 times - at the current rate, I am woefully off pace. I plan to be more diligent about posting this month to get somewhat back on track to meet that arbitrary 250-post mark.

Number 15 - use blocks from Blockheads 1 and/or Farm Girl Vintage - I hadn't thought of it until this very minute, but I could search through these blocks to come up with the pattern for #8 - Yes!! A brilliant idea! I know that the FGV blocks come in both 6" and 12" options, and since I want a big block, using the 12" option is very likely!

On Tuesday, I had fun beginning my July Roman Holiday quilt with Sharon. She had a week jump-start on hers, and is coming right along. Mine is very much in the initial stages of construction. I will bring additional details soon! Tomorrow, is sewing at Jan's with the Frankfort Girls. That is always a good time for Lake Effect progress.

My quilting life is good!!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Keep at it slow and steady and you'll get the next group of quilts finished too.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!