Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Gibbs Gardens

Today's blog post will be about a garden we recently visited and nothing related to quilting. Just wanted to give you that heads-up from the get-go!

Last week we drove to Ball Ground, GA, to visit Gibbs Gardens. We'd seen this 300-acre garden featured on a PBS gardening show, and DH had it on his bucket list as a place he wanted to visit. I'm always up for seeing something new so off we went. Driving Monday, touring Tuesday, home on Wednesday.

Instead of talking about everything, I will link a website, a FB page, and an IG page. By visiting those you can learn all about this wonderful spot. I will just share some of my pictures. We had mostly an overcast day, so my pictures look a little dark and washed out; for top-quality photography, check those links I gave you. *wink*





















We really loved walking through this fantastic garden. The roses, crape myrtles, lilies, and hydrangeas were blooming, as were all the annuals planted throughout the space. I loved all the water features - from ponds and streams to fountains and waterfalls - as well as the paths, bridges, garden art, and benches placed strategically throughout. They offer a tram for visitors, but we opted to walk it at our own pace.

I suspect that we will make future visits to Gibbs Gardens, as the flowers are great in all the seasons - especially daffodils in spring and changing colors in fall.

I'm working on finishing a bedspread today. Hopefully that will be the subject of tomorrow's post.

Happy Quilting Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!