Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Styling My Bedspread

I have had so much great feedback on my bedspread - flattering to no end. I have bumped into some blog readers when I've been out and about, with a couple making a point to mention how they loved the bedspread. I admit to stopping occasionally in the doorway of that particular bedroom just to look at it - sometimes I can't believe it turned out as nicely as it did, especially when I really had a lot of uncertainty about doing a good job. Here's the link to my bedspread reveal.



Since making the pillow shams, I have made an additional pillow. From some of the trimming of the bedspread, I was left with long strips from which I cut 2.5" squares. I used the remainder of the sham fabric to make more 2.5" squares; then I just began stitching a checkerboard  until I had something big enough to cover a 16" pillow form. I like the layered look that this provides. Then I found a well-loved blue quilt to fold across the bottom of the bed to add another layer of interest.

Perhaps you noted that I have made room for the small round side table and lamp, completing the space for now. Future projects for this room include everything from a fresh coat of paint on the walls to new curtains to refurbishing some dressers. These tasks are not super-high on my to-do list, but when I do get around to them, I will definitely share details here.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



4 comments:

  1. The spread turned out great but adding the pillow and the quilt make it beautiful! I think I'd stop and admire the room too when walking past, high 5 girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretchen, thank you. You are always so kind in your feedback. High five right back atcha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful and Gretchen's correct - those sham pillows made it and I love the blue quilt at the end of the bed! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Nanette! I appreciate your feedback!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!