Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Applique Update

Summer activities sure do interfere with my stitching, but I am making progress on the applique panel for my Lake Effect quilt. Check here for my previous update, in which I was just beginning the panel using the back-basting method.


I have now finished all the stems - it looks rather abstract in this stage of things, but additions of leaves, berries, and birds will fill it in nicely.

This picture of the back shows my pencil drawings of the design. A close study will reveal the tiny applique stitches on the stems. It was very tricky learning how to round those deep concave curves, and I have to say that I still really quite the novice.

I have moved on to basting on the leaves. I am now ready to begin the stitching. After all the greens are added, I will move on to the reds - the berries and bird.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!