Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Goodbye July!

Incredible. July is ending, and we are just five months away from a new year. Yikes!

Well, I don't want to think about that right now. I have too much I want to get done before facing a new year. (If I don't think about it, time goes slower, right?)

When Sharon was here on Monday, she continued to work on her Tag Sale quilt using some gorgeous 3 Sisters/Moda fabric called Double Chocolate. And typical for me, I have no pictures of her progress to offer. Shame on me!

I returned to working on Six Degrees, a pattern by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie Quilts. Through all that bedspread construction and applique practice, I have ignored this UFO. It is made in sections around a central medallion, and that construction process had been started when I last worked on this quilt. I sorta' hoped as I revisited this on Monday, I could very easily finish this quilt top by the end of the month.


But doggone it, finishing the quilt top will have to wait. The photo above shows the center medallion and three of the four sides. While working on that 4th side I ran out of fabric for the setting squares. Major bummer! It is a Moda fabric called Garden Magic by Blackbird Designs. I think it is from 2005, quite old, in other words. I don't know if I can locate a half yard somewhere or not. I am searching all the interwebs for any signs of this fabric. Here are some helpful pictures, in case any of you readers might have a lead on it. I only have two bits of identifying selvage, but I think it's enough.



Alas, this Six Degrees will be a UFO for a little while longer.

Tomorrow I will have my July collage to share and - hopefully - a peek at some August goals.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!