Sunday, July 28, 2019

More Applique!

Do you suppose that a day is coming on which doing a bit of applique for a quilt will be no more a big decision than any other quilting decision needing made? It just might be, as when I take this project in hand these days, I am perfectly comfortable with every stitch.

What a difference a new technique and a bit of practice makes.

I certainly don't pick this up to work on every day, but on days when I do, I feel more and more comfortable with the work I am doing. Above, the stems are stitched, and the next layer to be added will be the leaves.


The leaves were way easier than the stems - the curves are gentle, which are so much easier to manage. I made quick work of the leaves on this panel.

Today I have begun adding berries. Theoretically, these are round. I suppose this becomes easier to accomplish as one practices. I have many more berries to do before this entire quilt is finished, so practice will naturally occur.

That word 'practice' seems to be a prevailing theme, doesn't it?

My afternoon involves a friend's pool so no more stitching for me! Why don't you check out the link-up at Kathy's Quilts. Slow Sunday Stitching always offers some pretty and varied handwork.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!