Monday, January 27, 2020

2020 Quilting Goals

Exciting stuff today, Peeps! I dither and dither over what to include on my goals list each year - and this year has been no different. Finally, I have come up with a list that suits me. I like the direction I am heading, and yes, some of the items on this year's list have been on the list in previous years.

What can I say? Plans - at least my plans - always have wiggle room. *grin*


Right off the bat, I must get busy. I have lots of babies coming this year! Friends of our kids are having babies as well as grandbabies for my girlfriends - lots of babies. I have my fabrics; just need to devote a day or two to each one and they will be quick work. There is actually yet another baby quilt needed that I became aware of after I prepared my list.

Baby quilts and wedding quilts take the top 4 spots. For the wedding quilt, I plan to shop my quilt tops, quilt one of them and send it off. I have no concern that all of these will get done fairly quickly.

Now, on to the remaining items...

I have posted about number 5 - The Blockheads 3 sew along. Click here and here for particulars. I will probably not finish the sew along, because of limited fabric in the line I am using; I will work something out as best I can.

I worked on item 6, Summer Nights, this past weekend. Back when I bought the pattern (in 2018? Maybe?) I made one block and it hung ever so regally on my design wall for months while I moved on to other things. I then took it down to free up design wall space, but it remained on my mind, always niggling at me to finish - how can I not finish a blue and white quilt?? I now have 4 blocks done, and I am motivated to keep going. Below is the pattern cover.


Item 7 is a new quilt on the list, and I have the pattern here somewhere. While I have not had this specific pattern on previous lists, I have planned in previous years to make a churn dash quilt, so this is a goal that is both sorta old/sorta new.

I've blogged about item 8 - the sew along we Frankfort girls are doing. Click here for deets. It is a very loosely structured sew along, and I am so eager to continue. Below is a rerun of the first month's block. We have made the Churn Dash our block for February, and I have mine done; it's hard to wait a whole month on a new "assignment." If you skip to item 20, the test block quilt is an off-shoot of our sew along.


That item 9 will be a fun goal - finally, I can include quilting my tops! The goal of two per month is a low-ball goal; I sure plan to do more!

Items 10 through 14 are the ones I have put repeatedly on previous yearly lists. By gosh, I sure would like to knock those out this year. That number 12 is a take-off on this quilt which I wrote about all the way back in 2012! Eight years is a long time to wait on a quilt, so I really have to make it this year. Here are the fabrics I will use.


Items 15 and 16 are current works-in-progress. I won't finish Lake Effect, but I will make quite a lot of progress. Diagonal Madness, like those baby quilts, just needs a day or two entirely devoted to it and it will be a finished top. Here's a reminder pic of Diagonal Madness. I would guess I am about half-done with the quilt top.


 Items 17, 18, 19 and 21 are of the "loose" variety. I have nothing terribly specific in mind, yet am open to any creative inspiration that comes my way. It always happens, so I have no desire to tie myself too strictly to specific plans.

And that completes my 2020 goals. I put them on paper and "go public" with them in an effort to hold myself accountable. At some point along about June, I will do a self-check to see how I am faring on the goals. Then a tallying up of the accomplishments at the end of the year. (Which reminds me that I need to see how well I did on my goals for 2019.)

I have a non-sewing goal to work on today, Peeps - a kitchen cupboard is going to be purged. Yikes.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!