Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Addendum

Yesterday, I talked about it being "three-quilt night" season. I went on to talk about the third quilt I throw onto the bed each night for an extra layer of warmth. 

But why ignore the other two quilts? Let's look at them today. I will soon be changing these out for Christmas quilts, so we'll take a quick peek.

Long Road Home always gets pulled out for fall. The colors have an autumn vibe, and gosh, it is such a treat to see it every day. I machine pieced the top, and really wanted to follow the pattern's suggestion of using light fabrics for the solid blocks. But, even more than replicating the pattern, I wanted to use stash fabrics, and I am so glad I did. This quilt became an excellent scrap quilt, and like the quilt in yesterday's post, I frequently find myself studying all the variety of prints. It has a lot of my favorite fabrics.

I hand quilted Long Road Home because I needed something to demonstrate at History Day in 2012. Gosh, a whole decade ago! The quilting would be easy - straight grid lines. Perfect for demonstrating purposes; I would be able to quilt and visit at the same time.

I took this to History Day for the next two years, 2013 and 2014. Geesh. In searching through old posts, I found that I finished the quilting in May of 2015. It languished in the frame for a very long time.

The second quilt is not necessarily a fall quilt, by any stretch, but it was handy, so I layered it on.
 

This is English Elegance. It feels more appropriate for springtime than fall - oh well. I hand pieced the quilt top a whole lotta' years ago - in the early 2000s, I estimate. Possibly in the late 2000s, I asked my grandmother to quilt it for me, which she did, bless her. The complete history on English Elegance is in this post, so I won't go into all the details today. 


And then, of course, we have 6-Point Star to top things off - the three quilts currently keeping us warm and toasty on these cold November nights.  

Come December, I will change out these for my Christmas quilts. Those are always fun to revisit each year. Are you good about changing out the quilts on your beds? Do you actually use your quilts?  

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Yes I do use my quilts, I have them on the beds, take them with me on holiday and change them regularly.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!