Sunday, November 20, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

Gosh, I'm really changing it up today! The slow stitching I plan to do involves making Christmas ornaments. Not for me, but for DDErin, a supreme lover of Christmas.

It's a Christmas request!


The last time we visited them, she sent this hefty pink box home with me along with a request - would I make these for her? She'd intended to do them but now with a newborn, she knows she won't, yet still wants them for her decorating.
 

Seems like something I would enjoy making, and one hardly ever says "no" to such a request, so I am getting started.

This kit is from Purl Soho, and I know Erin has ordered other projects from them. This is just right up her alley - she is artsy, crafty, and a little bit bling-y - these ornaments have just the right amount of sparkle for her holiday decorating taste.

Materials included will make 18 ornaments with decorative stitching and embellishments on one side. The fabric is felt, and I am in the cutting phase at present. After all are cut out, I will - one at a time - mark with erasable ink the stitching lines. The booklet included with the kit seems to do a good job or walking one through the steps. Eventually, I will get into a rhythm and I will soon be speeding right through these.

The colors certainly are not the typical Christmas colors, but they will look quite elegant in Erin's decor. I am eager to finish one. I will be sure to post an update for you when I do.

Joining the fun over at Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching party. You're invited, too! Go have a look around. You are sure to see other Christmas projects in the works.

Happy Quilting, Friends!







3 comments:

  1. What a lovely ornament kit to be stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ornaments will be so pretty. I love the colours of the felt. Each one will give an elegant touch to your daughter's Christmas decore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you have turned me on to Purl Soho. Their kits are wonderful. I look forward to watching your progress on these ornaments.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!