Friday, November 11, 2022

Veterans' Day

Thank you and bless you for your faithful service!

For years, our Frienzies group met on this day to sew, sew, sew. It had little to do with celebrating Veterans, though, and since the pandemic we have fallen off gathering on Veterans' Day. 

I thought I might go back through some of the patriotic creations I've shared over the years as a way of recognizing our military heroes, in a small way, to recognize the great sacrifices they have made so that I can enjoy a hobby like quilting.

Patriotic Dreams, a quick and easy quilt I made last year during a sew-along that Sharon and I did together. I have since quilted this and used it as a table cloth on our screened porch.

This Veterans' Day quilt was one that I donated several years ago. I gave the flimsy to the organization and they took care of quilting it. I feel called to do more of this type of sewing.

After hanging onto the center medallion in this quilt, I finally set out to finish Flag Day Farm in 2017. It is still unquilted and needing to be finished.

Market Day is approximately 28-inches and makes a nice table topper - or it would if I would just quilt it! I also have an even smaller version, shown below.

Not necessarily Veterans' Day related, but patriotic nonetheless, are these quilts which were displayed at the Circleville Quilt Show about 5 years ago called the 9-11 Project. You can read details about it in this post

I hope you are able to take a few moments out of your day to remember the gift our veterans have given with their service to our country.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!