Sunday, November 27, 2022

An Oldie - Harvest Mix

This entire last week has not seen any sewing action at all - too busy with turkey-day prep! So why don't we take a look at a golden oldie - Harvest Mix. 

Many years ago, when Lynette Jensen's Thimbleberries books were being released one after another, I was a huge fan. From one of those books, At Home With Thimbleberries Quilts (1997), I made Harvest Mix. Even as old as this quilt is - maybe 20 years? - it still looks so great each fall when I pull it out of storage to drape over a chair.

At 56" x 66", this quilt would fall into the lap quilt category and mine is a very close imitation of the one in her book. Because I loved the quilt in the book so much, I pulled fabrics from my stash that mimicked her version. The blocks are big - 9" I believe - and they goes together quite quickly. Jensen writes the easiest patterns, I have found. I return to them time and time again.

Just like with that 6-pointed star I shared last week, I love studying the blocks and the fabric combinations in Harvest Mix. I'm glad that I still love this little quilt after so many years.

I am actually thinking about making another one of these quilts - maybe in a springtime colorway. That would look quite nice, I bet, and again, I would use all manner of stash fabrics.

This afternoon, I loaded a quilt onto the longarm machine; I will be working on that in hope of having it ready to gift on Wednesday. Crossing my fingers that all goes well! 

Happy Quilting, Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!