Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Welcome November

It's been a whirlwind few days around here, let me tell you! As life settles down for we new grandparents, it seems a good idea to get back to some semblance of normal with regard to blogging. 

October 2022 was so extra special that you are gonna' get two collages for the month. One will be devoted to the normal monthly highlights, and one will be devoted to Catherine, the brand new member of our family. 

The nine pictures featured here are all from Cate's first 2-3 days of life. Babies don't stay super-tiny like this for long, so we are soaking up as much of it as possible.

TOP ROW: Aunt Emma met Cate on Sunday afternoon and appears to be totally thrilled with her new role; Cate asleep in her father's arms; Gramma Jayne holds Cate in the hospital.

MIDDLE ROW: Cate yawning; Cate's first pic on my phone; she's just 3 hours old and look at how alert she seems! And, a very precious pic of Cate gazing adoringly at her mother, and her mother returning the gaze right back at Cate. 

BOTTOM ROW: Dad Jeff holds his new daughter; Cate and her full head of dark hair; Grampa Kevin holds Cate in the hospital.

Yes, she is the best part of October, hands down. 

Now let's return to our regular programming - quilting and such. The collage for October contains a wide variety of fun and adventure.

TOP ROW: First up, a rerun from the first collage. Next, the enlarged snowball quilt that I've named Autumn Green. It was fun to make, and I fully expect that I will make more like this in the next few years. The last pic in the top row is Rocky Fork Lake in neighboring Highland County. We had a lovely evening on the lake with friends on one of the last pleasantly warm days.

MIDDLE ROW: A little grouping of gifts for Erin and Cate. A quilt, a onesie, and a stack of burp cloths all from Gramma Jayne. The center photo is of the copy cat quilt I made for Cate. The last photo features the new-to-me buffet for our dining room. We found it at a second-hand shop in Greenfield. It fills the space left open after we removed the piano which had sat in this spot for 25-30 years. 

BOTTOM ROW: I am glad to continue hand quilting on Fall Foliage. I got it out for History Day at the beginning of the month and I have stayed with it, quilting a bit each day - mostly in the evenings. I couldn't say farewell to October without giving a nod to the Guardians; what a fun season we had watching them surprise everyone except themselves. Next season will be so much fun; I'm already excited for it! Finally, we took a 5-day trip to Pennsylvania and New York to see fall color; from the Alleghenies to the Adirondacks, it was a goal successfully met.

Now, what will I work on in November? I have a few plans, and I will bring those to you in my next post. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!