Monday, January 2, 2023

December Wrap Up

It was not especially productive in the sewing realm, but December was full of family, fun and frivolity. My December collage contains more non-quilting things than usual, and I am perfectly okay with that. Let's get into it, shall we?

TOP ROW: I quilted and bound the pretty pink single 9-patch quilt that was made for granddaughter Cate. And speaking of Cate, look at those sweet little 'tootsies' tucked up while Grandpa Kevin holds her close. The final photo is a close up of the hand quilting project I continue to work on in odd, spare moments.

MIDDLE ROW: Christmas with our daughters occurred on the 17th; as the day wore on, Baby Cate had had just about all the reveling she could handle, so Grandpa and I worked at trying to calm her down. In the center is the Mondo Bag I made for the gift exchange with the Frankfort Girls. And the last photo is of kitties Rocky and Betty, grandcats who stayed for a week over Christmas. They were entertained by the birds at the feeder out our kitchen window.

BOTTOM ROW: Just before Christmas we had a frigid weather system that left us with temps in the negative numbers and about 5" of snow. We were basically house-bound - by choice - for two days, before venturing out on Christmas Day. The center pic is my Scrappy Red 9-Patch that is finally entirely pieced and currently on the long-arm - yippee!! And  finally, the last pic is from Christmas afternoon at my sister's house. We are full up on little people this year! This Santa-hat-clad child is Archie, my sister's grandson, wrapped in his mother's arms and taking in all the sights and sounds of the day. 

Today, as I mentioned above, I finally put the Scrappy Red 9-Patch on the long arm, and I am nearly finished quilting it. I interrupted the quilting to get my walk in, and now to write this post. I will get back to it shortly.

Still working on the goals for the new year, as well as some doable goals for this month. Maybe tomorrow? We shall see.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!