Thursday, January 12, 2023

Reviewing Old Goals - Part 1

Every year since retiring I have made sewing and quilting goals, and by all accounts 2022 was one of my more successful years as far as completion goes. I fondly recall my big success of '17, when I finished all those UFOs - gosh, what an undertaking. I am so glad to have done that. The success of '22 may well rank a strong #2 behind '17.

Numbers 1-6 and 8-9 are all successfully completed, meaning they were all made. Some are quilted, finished and gifted (1 & 2), while others are quilt tops awaiting quilting (3-6 and 8-9). I also finished 11, 12, 14, and 15.

Click here (#1) and here (#2) to see the two baby quilts. Below join me in viewing a little quilt parade of the others finished throughout the year.

Goal # 3 was the red and white Double Irish Chain. Finished in July; I still might add borders.

Goal # 4 was Great Granny Squares. I worked on this mostly at April's retreat, finishing it soon after.

Goal # 5 was Mini Trip Around the World. This was started here at home and finished while at Retreat. It's not very big, but it sure is pretty, and was totally fun to make.

Goal #6 was Temecula Baskets. This was a carry-over quilt from 2021; I finally finished it in February.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/a/AVvXsEgh3FLQSkVGxJ4DklX9YkrpjCfa2dRCSpMiY-x1cN246nz6bBEiaX1rfu2uHJf7EVwlsMCb11kQOq4lrjSpg5bOWazr8pR409rwUMwzmoY3KsftiE2qQ3H-csLt-hnZx0OGxqAdlzSzEeP1JYk_TfLlpA19-m4my8xH5sV2tF-9qc90QXtbYONhsx0=s640

Goal # 8 was Ohio Stars from our block exchange. I took my stack of stars to April's retreat, and made this quilt top while there. I am still thinking about adding a border.

 

Goal # 9 ended up being combined with #12, making Lil' Orphan Scrappy with the William Morris fabric.

 

Goal # 11 was Ocean Ripples, a Kaffe Fassett quilt top finished in March.

So what about those things I didn't do? Goal #7, continue working on Lake Effect, is carrying over to yet another year. I really ignored it last year, and vow to be more diligent in giving it my attention.

I don't think I spent a single minute thinking about getting out those Blockheads UFOs - goal #10. Consequently, at least two of these find themselves added to the new goals for 2023. I promise I will finish these Blockheads quilts - someday!

Goal # 13 basically got ditched early on. I thought it would be fun to do another sew-along with Sharon and Dee (like we did in '21) but, alas, we found our lives going in all different directions, so I scrapped it.

Down at the bottom of the list are two goals added almost as an afterthought to my list. I am glad I added them, as I was motivated to see how far I could get on both. Goal # 14 was to quilt at least 24 quilts on the long arm machine, and I exceeded my projected goal with 28. Have a look at the page dedicated to tracking my long arm quilting.

Enough for today. That last item on the list - Numerous TBA Quilts - lends itself to a great big quilt parade, so come back tomorrow for that bit of fun.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!