Thursday, January 19, 2023

The Diamonds Are Cut

My diamond-cutting session proved successful. This project is shaping up satisfactorily, I must say. Hopefully, the sewing will go as smoothly as the cutting went.

I was a little worried that my selections ran darker than I desired, so I dug out some yellow and light green to add to the mix. Definitely helps.

Here's my big 'ol stack of diamonds - all 4.5" of them! I do wonder how big this quilt will be! We shall see together!

To see how this quilt will be constructed, you can click back to this post. I was making Erin's Diamonds at the time (2013), and I followed the directions in a Kaffe Fassett book. It's funny re-reading that post. I remember being so intimidated to tackle that quilt, and I also remember being so surprised at the ease of construction. It was actually fun to make, and I trust this one will be just as enjoyable.

I hand quilted Erin's Diamonds, and you can see that 2016 finish by clicking here.

Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday!

Happy Quilting, Friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!