Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year!


Welcome 2023! We celebrated the new year with long-time friends - the Schmidt's and the Everhart's. Since roughly 1995 we three families have been ringing in the new year together. All our children were close in age and they loved playing together and partying until midnight. We have lots of fun memories of various NYE parties over the years. 

Now we are all empty-nesters; we reminisce and brag on grandchildren. We all bring appetizers and beverages; play games; watch the ball drop on TV, and catch up with one another since we don't see them nearly as often as we did when the children were involved. Last night the Schmidt's hosted; next year is our turn.

So. Sew. 

Yesterday I attempted to load the Red Scrappy 9-Patch onto the long arm machine and at least begin quilting it. As I was measuring it to determine the batting size I would need, my measurements were off. 

Puzzling.

I figured and figured before realizing that I'd added the extra row I mentioned in a previous post to the length and not the width. duh!! It is really long and skinny now!

So I am making more blocks and will definitely add to the width this time, then I will load it onto the long arm. 

Since I make so many scrap-oriented quilts, I am going to try to be more mindful to join the "Oh Scrap" linky party over at Cynthia's blog Quilting is more fun than Housework.

And, just because, I am including a picture of our sweet Baby Cate. How can such a small thing be this adorable?!?!?

Happy Quilting, Friends!


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Visiting from Oh Scrap, and I love your red 9 patch quilt top. That is so pretty! Cute little grand girl, too - she made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby Cate is adorable .... that smile!! I love the scrappy quilt too.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!