Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Scrappy Red Nines Revealed

 It is so exciting to unveil the first quilt of 2023 - Scrappy Red Nines. It began with little more than an inspiration picture from the internet and a pile of cheap red fabric from my grandmother's stash. I didn't have to think about how to make it at all - it was straight-up scraps and red fabric.

And a gazillion 9-patches later (I did have to think a bit when I was deciding how many to make; I kept adding rows!), I have a fun, scrap-busting quilt!

 All that's left to do is trim it and bind it. I will get to that later today or perhaps do it tomorrow when Sharon is here for sewing.

Initially, I had a slight tension issue, but one turn of the dial seemed to correct it. Whew! It appears I might be starting to know what I'm doing. I always check that rolled up bit to see how I'm progressing. It's a good thing when the stitches look good.

I will bring final details and particulars when the quilt is bound. And labeled.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




3 comments:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!