Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Cate - 10 Weeks Old

 Since her birth in late October, DH and I have made Tuesdays our day to visit our sweet baby Cate. It has been wonderful watching her change and grow through these early weeks. Yesterday was our last Tuesday, as next week she starts at daycare and her mama, our daughter, heads back to work. Maternity leave has ended.

As much as I will miss these weekly visits, it coincides quite nicely with our upcoming month in Florida. The Tuesdays -terrific Tuesday, as my DH called it - were bound to conclude at some point. 

Let's mark this occasion with a few pictures of Cate who happens to have a few quilts made by Granny Jayne.

After a good nap and a bottle, Cate needed some time to stretch out and entertain the adults in the room. DDErin spread out this quilt on the floor for 'tummy time' - it has a nice ring to it, but she was never on her tummy!

Doesn't the quilt look great? It is evident that it's been laundered a few times, with all the crinkly goodness showing up. It is so gratifying to see Erin using this quilt.

Is Cate not the cutest baby you've ever seen??? Her demeanor is so pleasant and she seems to be thriving in every way. Gosh, she is irresistible!

I wrote about making this quilt back in September and October. Honestly, it almost didn't get made. I had no plan for making it - ever. I just had a wild moment of inspiration that combining a gorgeous Kaffe Fassett floral with a solid would result in a wonderfully cute quilt. Mostly, I was just playing around. 

The urge to just play around with fabrics was just part of my objective. I was also motivated to make a quilt for our soon-to-be-born grandchild, and I knew her mother was partial to Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I am nowhere near as artistic as Erin, but I attempted to make a quilt that would appeal to her sense of color and design. Perhaps I succeeded. *grin*

It does this ol' quilter good to see a baby quilt being used and loved. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!





1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!