Monday, January 9, 2023

Hand Quilting/Fall Foliage

Way back before Thanksgiving I had to put away the quilting frame to make way for holiday gatherings, festivities and decorations. This past week, I brought it all out again. Fall Foliage has languished far too long stowed away in the quilting room. 

It needs to be finished! 


Fall Foliage, a Thimbleberries quilt I made in 2010 (!) is a throw-size quilt that I am quilting with the most basic stitching. It is easy to do when we settle down of an evening to watch a movie or a ballgame. If it's out, I will do it. 

Funny how it works: things don't get done when they are stored away. Hmmmmm.....

I am nearing the border and a corner here, so I will likely be moving to a new section today or tomorrow. I will need to find my makeshift "bungee straps" to use while quilting the borders. 

I'm getting in a little late to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching party - I did stitch quite a lot yesterday! Promise! Click on that link to see what clever projects all the other gals are working on.

 Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

  1. You are in the home stretch with this quilt, happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🙋‍♀️Hi there! I’m new to the party, joined in this week for 1st time. I’ve enjoyed seeing your pretty quilt and look forward to seeing you finishing. Happy New Year.
    Hugs, Barbara xx (TheFlashingScissors.com)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!