Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Busy Hands Are Happy Hands!

And my hands have really been happy these past few days!

I have hand pieced many, many blocks out of scrap fabrics since about Wednesday. My Thanksgiving responsibilities were relatively light, so I just made sure I always had a little kit of handwork nearby, and I was able to visit and stitch to my heart's content!

I also stitched during all the tv football games.

So let's take stock of what's been finished, shall we?


I have 21 of these 9-patch blocks using Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I have decided that I will make 4 more, to total 25, and then set them into a quilt with alternating blocks of some KF fabric from the stash. I have already made several blue KF quilts, so maybe this one will be bright red or purple or pink...we shall see. I will then add some borders. It will be a very colorful, bright quilt when finished.


These were all made from leftovers from the Great Granny squares I made back in September. Pretty cool.


These 3 blocks are much more country-looking, also from remnants in my sewing room. I will use these in a table runner, and will possibly give it as a gift for Christmas.


These 2 blocks I think I've shown you already, but I will dig around and find the fabrics to make one more 9-patch, and then these, too, will become a table runner.


These are 3 singletons. I am undecided as to how to use these. Maybe I will just keep them around and see if I can come up with an idea or two. I have more fabric of the brown and blue, so I could make more of those. I think I could come up with  more 30's prints, so I could add there, as well. I think that pretty blue and white on top is going to be a loner, though. I think that was the absolute end of that fabric.

My thanks for November 25:
I am thankful for the time I am able to devote to my stitching and quilting.

Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

No comments: