Sunday, November 25, 2012

Busy Hands Are Happy Hands!

And my hands have really been happy these past few days!

I have hand pieced many, many blocks out of scrap fabrics since about Wednesday. My Thanksgiving responsibilities were relatively light, so I just made sure I always had a little kit of handwork nearby, and I was able to visit and stitch to my heart's content!

I also stitched during all the tv football games.

So let's take stock of what's been finished, shall we?


I have 21 of these 9-patch blocks using Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I have decided that I will make 4 more, to total 25, and then set them into a quilt with alternating blocks of some KF fabric from the stash. I have already made several blue KF quilts, so maybe this one will be bright red or purple or pink...we shall see. I will then add some borders. It will be a very colorful, bright quilt when finished.


These were all made from leftovers from the Great Granny squares I made back in September. Pretty cool.


These 3 blocks are much more country-looking, also from remnants in my sewing room. I will use these in a table runner, and will possibly give it as a gift for Christmas.


These 2 blocks I think I've shown you already, but I will dig around and find the fabrics to make one more 9-patch, and then these, too, will become a table runner.


These are 3 singletons. I am undecided as to how to use these. Maybe I will just keep them around and see if I can come up with an idea or two. I have more fabric of the brown and blue, so I could make more of those. I think I could come up with  more 30's prints, so I could add there, as well. I think that pretty blue and white on top is going to be a loner, though. I think that was the absolute end of that fabric.

My thanks for November 25:
I am thankful for the time I am able to devote to my stitching and quilting.

Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!