Monday, August 15, 2011

Breath of Avignon Happiness

Yes, I cut it. That tub of gorgeous fabric that has been teasing me for most of a month has finally been  assigned a project. This is one of those quilts that I'm inventing as I go. I am taking various elements for several books, patterns, and quiltmakers to come up with my very own design.

Some pics to show you my progress. After it's all done, I will attempt to bring all the various tangents together.


First, I cut all the fabrics in the 2 charm packs into 3 1/2" squares and made these 4-patch blocks. I did everything random - no placement planning at all. Pretty exciting stuff!!


Then, from the half-yard fabrics (I had 7 of these), I cut 5 1/4" strips into squares, which were cut diagonally to get these half-square triangles.


And those triangles were applied to the 4-patch blocks. Now I have 21 of these blocks which will be sewn into 3 columns of 7 blocks.

That is what I will do today when Sharon comes over for our weekly quilting session.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh it is going to be sweet!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I just love this fabric! blessings, marlene