Saturday, August 13, 2011

Quilting at JoAnn's

Today the Frankfort girls met for a morning of stitching and catching up. We were at JoAnn's house; 4 of the 5 of us were present.

JoAnn, our hostess, was finishing up a summery table runner. I just love how the yellow sets off those watermelon slices!


Sharon has made much progress on her patriotic wall hanging. At the beginning of the summer, she was piecing the blocks; then she was attaching the blocks to make the top; today, we see that she has begun the quilting. It'll be ready for NEXT July 4th!



Sheryll was quilting this blue and white basket quilt. I absolutely love it - I asked her if she used Thangles or triangle paper to do those tiny half-square triangles, and she DIDN'T!!! OMG, that blows my mind - her piecing is impeccable!


I worked on the yo-yo table-topper. Of course, I failed to take a pic of that. I will hold off and get that posted in the next few days.

I had to leave JoAnn's early so I could get out to the fairgrounds for the 4-H style show.



Emma's final 4-H activity. She earned an honorable mention ribbon for modeling. She made the dress for the category called Clothing for Work. I really like the business-like gray she selected for this dress. Her friend Sarah made her red dress for the Dress-Up category.

These two girls have been friends since pre-K and were in a lot of activities together both in and out of school all through the years, culminating with graduation in May and 4-H this final summer. They have made a lot of memories together, and because of their friendship, Sarah's parents and Kevin and I have come to be great friends. Sarah goes off to the University of Cincinnati next month, while Emma heads to Ohio U.

DH and I did make it over to Hillsboro for our weekly dinner at LaCascada, but we did not get to see The Help, as it was not showing at the cinema there. Instead, we stopped in to visit Grandma. She always loves visits, and I try to get over there at least weekly.



3 comments:

  1. Your post title had me thinking in another direction. I thought your local JoAnn Fabrics store sponsored a quilting weekend.
    Oops - your friend's home -- I knew that. Weekend buzzy brain--that's my excuse.

    I'm sure that Emma's and Sarah's memories will bring on big smiles, thinking of the past, as they head off to different colleges.

    Such a busy time you've had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls are so sweet in their dresses.
    Love the quilt show and tell too. The basket quilt is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!