Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Postage Stamp Quilt Update

Way, way back on April 30, 2010, I shared a long-term project that a friend of mine was undertaking. Take a look back, if you like.

I have recently heard from Amie and she has given me an update on her progress, as well as a picture.


Impressive, isn't it? She has 15 blocks completed and plans to make 48 more! She did the math and figures that she has 2,160 1-inch squares in these 15 blocks, all different fabrics! Awesome, I say! I must send her some more squishy packages, too!

I continue to work on September Stars using my French General fabric. Love working with it, and cannot wait to see this quilt top finished! It's going to be one that I really love. (Of course, I love them all, right?)

Happy Quilting, Friends!

5 comments:

  1. That really is an amazing quilt, all the more so for the fact that all of the fabrics are different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes a patient, dedicated quilter to undertake such a project. It's already a lovely quilt. Way to go, Amie! Thanks for sharing it, Jayne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people do like to make their lives difficult don't they?

    Seriously, that is going to be an amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone would like to contribute scraps for this project, I promise to pass them along. Amie is keeping track of everyone who gives her scraps to use in this quilt. Just email or leave a message, and I will get an address to you.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure I could round up some small pieces for Amie. Email an address to me.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!