Friday, June 14, 2013

A Final Sue Post

While away on vacation, I have been posting these details about Grandma's Sunbonnet Sue quilts. These were easy enough to write up and schedule throughout the week.

Today I want to show you the SS's that Grandma made for my two girls when they were little.


Erin was given a pillow with an enlarged Sunbonnet Sue appliqued onto it.  Grandma did just the applique - no quilting on this. She did the embroidered name, too.


Emma has a doll quilt with a regular-sized Sue appliqued onto it. This is more typical of the Sues she made over the years.


The second block in the doll quilt has a Sue looking the opposite direction. Fun. Have you noticed the embroidered flowers on the hats? That was a standard feature.

Well, this is the last of the posts until I get home from vacation.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!