Friday, June 7, 2013

Baby Quilt - Ready for Baby

It is a rare thing, indeed, when I have something done well in advance. I am a seasoned procrastinator, and as such have worked many a late night finishing things that could very easily have been finished much earlier.

So it is with great pride that I share the baby quilt for my friend Vickie's first grandchild, scheduled to arrive in July. I have posted a few mentions of this, if you recall, (click here and here) and after checking with Erin, the mother-to-be, will share with you all the finish. She has seen the pics, and has given her approval.


Bright and cheerful - just what the expectant mother wanted. The pattern was fun to make, even though the directions were limited, and after having to make more blocks than I'd originally cut, I managed to get it together easily. I would definitely make another one. The pattern is called Kissing Fishes, and it was a freebie from some quilting website.


I also had fun collecting random bright and colorful fat quarters for this quilt. I think this is a pleasing mix of colors and patterns.


And I even was able to find an appropriate backing fabric on sale! It is called Coral Reef, I think, by Kaffe Fassett - in pink! It was meant to be!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

5 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful! I love that even though it is a baby quilt, it would even work for an older little girl. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful cheerful baby quilt---what a lucky baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic Jayne. I bet the mother-to-be is over the moon happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty Jayne! Pink is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous happy quilt! Love the hot pink backing.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!