Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Way-Back Wednesday - 5

Back from vacation, and I have been having a hard time getting back into the swing of things - especially when it comes to sewing and quilting!

Elisa, Cheryl, yours truly and Dorothy - the week in Myrtle Beach was fantastic!
When we got back late on Saturday evening, both of my daughters had come home for the weekend, plus a son-in-law-to-be. We lazed around on Fathers' Day, watching movies, golf and NBA. Erin spent most of the day trying to finish the quilting on the baby quilt she's been working on. The baby is due SOON!!

See the cute custom design in the borders? My creative daughter did this herself!
Looks like the path of a bumblebee. Very cute.
For Way-Back Wednesday, I though I'd share Overall Bill, the companion of Sunbonnet Sue. Grandma made her fair share of these, too. Most of the great-grandsons have something with Bill on it.

This is a wall-hanging made for my DS. It is an enlarged Bill.

Grandma's paper templates.

These cardboard templates are extremely old. The overalls were just about
always navy blue, but the shirts would be colorful prints.

These are some arms/sleeves for Overall Bills
that I found in some of the stuff Grandma gave me. What variety!
In true Grandma fashion, she had the pieces cut and stored in a bag with the templates.
She has always been one of the most organized people I've ever known.
 (Sure wish it were a trait I inherited!)
I'm a bit short on this post, what with no quilt on a bed or anything! Maybe I will get myself back in the swing of things soon!

Quilt camp starts Monday - I need to be prepared for that!!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. when I learned to quilt in high school, we too used cardboard templates. If I remember right my hand sewn quilt was never finished. I need to find that UFO and get a move on. funny how changes in processes can help us to make quilts faster now.but sometimes slow is nice and relaxing too.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!