Thursday, June 27, 2013

Quilt Camp - Wednesday Wrap Up

It is definitely impressive what can be accomplished when quilters devote extended time to their projects. I am only a part-time attendee at camp this year, and I am thrilled with my progress. Those who are attending every day, all day are making amazing things - yes, multiple things!

Let's start with Kay. She began the week by putting borders on the yellow and gray baby quilt, and then prepping the backing for it. When that was finished, she pulled out a kit and proceeded to finish it!
 
 
 
Granted, it was an easy pattern, but she did have to cut; that takes time, you know! Anyway, Kay has now moved on to the second kit.
 
 
I am sure it is finished as I type this post (24 hours later).
 
Pam is another excellent example of getting things done. She came on Tuesday with the intention of scrapbooking. However, she found herself inspired by all the quilting, so after expressing her desire to make an "I Spy" quilt for her grand-niece, she got started on Wednesday morning.
 
Cutting a big pile of novelty fabrics into 5" squares.
Pam works really fast and here she is quilting it!

This is a darling quilt that the 3-year-old niece will absolutely love.
Here are the rest of the quilters and their projects as of Wednesday.
 
This is Anita's project. It was a kit.
I didn't have the pattern to share with you on the previous post.

Look at the progress! Isn't it a fun quilt!

I wanted you to see the crayon border print.

And also the colorful sashing fabric.
Georgia has made fantastic progress on her Stack and Whack UFO.
She had to pack everything up at the end of the day Wednesday because she is heading off to Florida.


At last year's camp, Georgia was making these stars - primarily pink, her favorite color! - and I asked
if she'd share her progress with me. These certainly give me big ideas for yet another Kaffe quilt!
 
This is the pattern that Kelly, our lovely hostess, was working on.

The book is a Thimbleberries. This is one I don't have, believe it or not!


The quilt is a king size; Kelly intends to use it in her house. Does this not look fantastic??
Pat has made spectacular progress on her blue and yellow quilt.

This is a picture of the quilt in the pattern book. It is called Blueberry Blue.

The pattern is in this Thimbleberries book.
 
Sherrie was close to laying out her blocks as we ended our day on Wednesday.
I cannot wait to see this come together!

Her quilt pattern is called Fire Drill.

The book Sherrie is using is called Modern Patchwork by Elizabeth Hartman.
Rhonda came with the intent of making a t-shirt quilt for her son;
I think this is going to be a finished top by week's end!
At the end of the day, one of the shop's customers, Pamela Sperling, came in with her newly quilted quilt. This was quilted by Cindy Henderson, Kelly's mom and shop co-owner. It is called Family Tree by Edyta Sitar. It was made from a kit purchased at Old Town Fabric Shop. Isn't it spectacular? The appliques are all of batik fabrics, and the background is from the Laundry Basket line.


Well, friends, I was a bit late with today's wrap-up; I apologize for that, but I do sometimes have to share my computer. I will share what I am working on in tomorrow's post.
 
Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. What fun to see just how different all the projects are.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!