Sunday, September 13, 2015

Class Is Held

I offered a second class for beginning quilters yesterday. The first class was the 16" pillow with 4 9-patch blocks made into one larger 9-patch block for the pillow front (double 9-patch). Those 2 classes went quite well.

This time around I taught a 50" square quilt top as the project of the day. We used 3 charm packs, and therefore I have dubbed this quilt "Three Charms Quilt." I have made 2 for samples, and started a third one today to demonstrate as we worked through the steps.


In the continued interest of using from the stash, I selected the 3 packs identified above. I think the two line blend very nicely, and gives additional variety.

I got so far as sewing all the rows together. I need to make just a couple of adjustments in placement, but for the most part I am satisfied.

We had a great class. For the life of me, I can't even fathom why it never occurred to me to take pictures, but I didn't. Geesh. The next class is Wednesday evening where we will do the 16" pillow one more time.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!