Saturday, September 19, 2015

Red and White Beginnings

The plan was to make this red and white quilt in July. Obviously, that deadline wasn't met. I didn't even get to it in August. So here we are in the latter half of September and I can show you the initial work done - finally.

To begin, I just wanted to see what a block will look like, so I cut just enough to make a block.


I am going to love this quilt. Seeing that crisp red pop against that neutral will really be eye candy. A real show-stopper, don't you think?

So I got busy. I cut a bunch of triangles, and began construction. I now have 96 hourglass units.

My next decision is whether or not to make more. I think I have plenty of both of these fabrics, so I ought to make as big a quilt as possible. I'm not following a pattern, and the sketch I've drawn could be bigger. If my figuring is correct, it will be throw-size. Since I've got the extra fabric, I ought to make it bigger. This decision is a no-brainer.

If you'd like to see the sketch of how this will come together, click here for my previous post on this project.

Back to the sewing machine!
Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!