Thursday, September 17, 2015

Sewing Class

Yesterday afternoon, a beginning seamstress/quilter came over for some one-on-one instruction. We made a 16" pillow, that turned out to be an 18" pillow. That happened because yours truly didn't read her directions correctly and cut the squares at 2.5" instead of 2.25". Just goes to show you that even when you think you know what you're doing, sometimes you don't.

How embarrassing.

Claudia, my student, is going to try to return her 16" pillow form and exchange it for an 18" one, so hopefully all will work out. She certainly did a good job on her pillow, and we put the too-small pillow form (plastic wrapper and all!) in, just to see how good it looked. What a festive pillow!


Claudia says she likes patriotic decor, so it comes as no surprise that she would make a pillow using patriotic prints. Just check out how neat her intersections match. She is really learning fast and has the desire to do quality work.

On Saturday she was here for the Three Charms Quilt class. Here is her finished quilt top.



See what I mean about Claudia's flair for happy, festive colors? This little quilt (50" square) will brighten any space it is used or displayed.

We are planning one more sewing date, yet to be determined. She has purchased a Mondo Bag pattern, and wants to make it here with me. I have made one, and have the pattern to make another, so I'm all in!

I still need to get caught up on some of the sewing from Monday. I inadvertently omitted pictures of a cute applique project that Terry was working on, and I have yet to share what I was doing!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!