I can actually check off July's UFO! On Tuesday, when Sharon was here to sew, I put borders on my 16-patch scrappy quilt! It is quite exciting to have a finish to report.
I started this quilt at my Friday get-togethers with the Frankfort girls. Originally I was hand-piecing 9 patches. When it got to the point that I didn't have enough parts to make 9-patches of 4 matching lights and 5 matching darks, I began mixing leftovers randomly in 16-patch blocks. Before very long, I had quite a hefty stack of them, and decided it was time to move them to the quilt top stage.
I really considered a lot of options for putting these blocks together, and somewhere in the fuzzy, faded recesses of my mind, I recalled seeing a quilt that featured stars in the sashing units. I guessed at measurements, and came up with what you see here.
I decided to add 3 borders and I love the combination I used. The inner and outer borders are Thimbleberries fabrics; the narrow center border is a Brackman-Thompson fabric - all from the stash! Hooray! This is truly a scrap quilt. All the pieced blocks were from dozens of old projects and leftovers. The sashing strips and cornerstones were stash fabrics, as well.
It feels so good to have a finish!
Happy Quilting, Friends!