Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sewing With Friends

As I said yesterday, Terry had a group of us in for sewing on Monday; by all accounts, I would say we accomplished lots. Here's a look at our variety.

These pink tractors are in a quilt that Terry is making for her brand new granddaughter, Allie. Being a total farming family, the new parents requested a pink tractor quilt just after they discovered that they would be having a girl. This quilt is really special, don't you think?


Sharon O. is the quilter responsible for the above two photos. The spools  table topper has its binding ready to be tacked down. The dresden plate will become the center of a really pretty quilt that has a lot of hexies and applique. I should get the details and a picture of the pattern. It is quite striking.

Jan didn't sew a stitch; instead, she prepped for a lot of future sewing. Her recently married daughter will be receiving 12 table runners, all themed for each month of the year. The applique that will go into these table runners is considerable. Knowing Jan's work habits, she will have them done in no time.


These maple leaves are a UFO that JoAnn worked on. She was trying to figure out where she left off the last time she worked on this. Looks pretty, and I can't wait to see it finished.

I worked on the third work shirt quilt. Did I mention that I would be doing a third one? I had so much leftover shirt fabric, I asked Kathy if she would be interested in another one and she said yes. This one is much bigger and I cut large pieces, so it went together fast. I will get some pictures soon.

My Tuesday with Sharon didn't pan out. She ended up needing to help her mother to a doctor's appointment, and we tentatively decided that we might get together later in the day. Instead, we cancelled altogether after I invited my mother to come over for dinner. So the red and white quilt update will have to wait. I did get to cut out some bits on mine, and even sewed a handful of hourglass blocks. It's gonna' be a fun one to make.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!