Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Busy Days and Catching Up

It's been far too long since my last post, but I can honestly say that we have been busy! Thank heavens I have a husband who is willing to pitch in with me to prepare for my friends!

Tomorrow I am hosting the Frienzies for a luncheon on our screened porch, and even though they are dear friends who don't care a lick how much cleaning or sprucing up I do, I wanted to get several projects done before they came. A few posts back, you saw the curtains I hung on the porch - that was one project done. Read on to see a second one.

So, let me catch you up. Since my last post, I went to quilting with the Frankfort girls on Friday morning. We were at Sharon's house, and she always has the loveliest centerpieces. That blue table topper looks fantastic with the yellow flowers.

 Jan had a show and tell for us; this fun truck quilt looks just fantastic.


Back here at home, DH and I began what I consider to be a rather significant painting project. I had been wanting to paint our kitchen table and chairs for awhile, so we did! We bought this dining set as relative newlyweds back in the early 1980s. It is not heirloom-quality furniture, but it has served us well all these years. In an effort to create a more farmhouse look - all the rage in decorating now - I wanted to transform it.



I will come back with a post devoted to this project next week; then you will see the fantastic finish.


We celebrated Memorial Day. We dined at La Cascada (as we typically do most Friday nights). We shopped at a flea market-style shop in Hillsboro. We visited my mother. We attended a graduation party. We went to mass on Sunday morning followed by a pleasant drive through Ross and Pike counties. We did some yard work. And we binge-watched a great Prime Original show called Jack Ryan.

Noticeably missing from that listing of activities is sewing. However, while watching television, I have been stitching on Lake Effect. I now have the inner ring of hexies stitched together. I need to add some half-hexies in the middle and then I will remove all those papers.




Today, I am cooking for the luncheon. Nothing too taxing - making chicken salad and muffins. Later I will get some freshly picked strawberries from our Mennonite neighbors and an angel food cake from the Amish store (which is technically a Mennonite store). I will set the tables and tidy up the kitchen. DH was sweet enough to give the porch a thorough cleaning - cobwebs and fern droppings - it's looking pretty good out there!

I hope you are getting some sewing done! I am missing my sewing machine!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!