Friday, May 10, 2019

Caleb's T-Shirt Quilt

Every once in a while a young person (besides your own children) come into your lives and becomes an 'extra.' For my DH and I, Caleb is that young person. He was a runner on my husband's cross country and track teams back about 7 (plus/minus) years ago, and has been a fantastic friend ever since. He regularly stops by to see 'Coach' and he even stayed at our house to dog sit when we went away last year to Siesta Key.

Caleb recently brought me a bag of his old running t-shirts to be made into a quilt. I spent yesterday stitching them up. Have a look.



This is the first of 4 t-shirt quilts I intend to make. And I hope I can be as speedy with the rest as I was with this one. Caleb's went together especially fast because I already had a good stack of fusible interfacing cut to the correct size. I did not spend excessive time fussing about the sashing strips and cornerstones - I used fabric that I had on hand. The black and gray make it look masculine, so I think it works just fine.

I was so pleased to have a finish in just one day's work. That is unusual for me, even with a simple quilt like this. Now to quilt it. On that machine I have been too timid to use. Stay tuned.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Your Front Porch is really beautiful. I'm sure these t shirt quilts which are special will be very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, great encouragement to Just Do It!! LOL Happy Sewing from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been anxiously waiting to hear how you like that machine! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!