Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Front Porch, Finished for Now

I have never had a problem accumulating fabric. (Big surprise, eh!?) What I have had a problem with is making quilts that require more fabric than what I bought. Some of the fabric used in Front Porch came from the grouping below, which I bought in Columbus back in January the day Dee and Sharon and I met up for lunch and shopping.


I had no idea what I would make with these fabrics when I bought them, so consequently, I only grabbed a fat quarter or a half-yard. Just stash builders, I told myself.


Then, my great idea presents itself - make Front Porch! - I begin the quilt and get to the point that borders become a concern - boom, not enough of the preferred fabric to make borders. (Shopping in Columbus, anyone??)

So for now, Front Porch is finished for this center phase. The border phase will come at some point when I find additional fabric for borders.


I took Front Porch out to my front porch for a photo session. Her measurements are small-ish (remember I had only FQs and half-yard cuts) - she comes to 45"x38". That will make a nice lap quilt or throw for the back of a chair.


I now turn my attention to clearing off the cutting table (I have let it get out of control. Again!) Then I will begin some commission work - t-shirt quilts I have promised to 3 different customers.

Hope you have a great Wednesday!
Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!